95th Terminal Improvement work will require partial closures of bus terminal; entrances to rail station to remain open
Customers are reminded that beginning 10 p.m. Friday, October 20, the boarding locations for seven CTA and five Pace bus routes will be temporarily relocated to allow the CTA to continue construction work on the brand new 95th Street Terminal now under way.
In preparation to construct a new North Terminal on 95th, the CTA will need to relocate bus customer boarding areas of the existing 95th Terminal building, first the east side and then the west side – each for approximately three weeks – to expand the area and create more space for sidewalks and bus lanes.
Other than where customers board buses, there will be no change to bus service at the 95th/Dan Ryan terminal. All entrances to the rail station will remain open during these times.
East Bus Terminal Closure (Phase I)
- Beginning 10 p.m. Friday, October 20 through Friday, November 10.
- Seven CTA and five Pace bus routes will be temporarily relocated for three weeks.
- New temporary bus boarding locations for affected routes:
- West Terminal (center island): #N5 South Shore Night Bus, #108 Halsted/95th, #112 Vincennes/111th, as well as Pace bus routes #352 and #395.
- 95th/Lafayette: #95 95th and Pace bus routes #359 and #381.
- Temporary bus terminal at 95th/State (southeast corner): #100 Jeffery Manor Express, #103 West 103rd, #106 East 103rd and Pace bus routes #353, #359 and #381.
- Routes not affected: #N9 Ashland, #29 State, #34 South Michigan, #111 111th/King Drive, #115 Pullman/115th and #119 Michigan/119th, which will continue to serve the West terminal. The boarding location for Greyhound buses is also unaffected during this time.
To assist customers with these temporary changes in service, additional staff will be available during the morning and evening rush periods Friday, October 20 through Monday, October 23 to answer questions and provide assistance. To supplement these efforts, additional signage also will be posted throughout the bus and rail terminal to direct riders where to board buses.
The second phase of work will require the temporary closure of the western bus boarding area, closest to Lafayette Avenue, which will close on Friday, November 10. CTA will provide service details for the second phase of work in a future announcement.
For the latest information on the project, visit: http://www.transitchicago.com/95thTerminal/.
# # #