Red Line Extension Project
Connecting the 95th/Dan Ryan Terminal to 130th Street
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is proposing to extend the Red Line from the existing terminal at 95th/Dan Ryan to 130th Street, subject to the availability of funding. The proposed 5.6-mile extension would include four new stations near 103rd Street, 111th Street, Michigan Avenue, and 130th Street. Each new station would include bus and parking facilities. This project is one part of the Red Ahead Program to extend and enhance the entire Red Line.
View the project map.
- Equity, by providing affordable rapid transit to historically underserved communities and improving mobility for transit-dependent residents and people with disabilities
- Connectivity and access to the entire city via the CTA network
- Economic opportunity through connections to jobs, educational opportunities, housing and other services, as well as economic development on the City’s Far South Side
- Frequent rail service will reduce commute times
- Sustainable transportation that helps contribute to improved air quality, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and saves energy
Get involved and stay informed
You can request to be added to the RLE contact list by clicking here or sending an email to RedExtension@transitchicago.com. Those added to this contact list will receive upcoming meeting notices, as well as future updates about the RLE Project.
Updates on the RLE project will also be posted to the project Facebook page: Facebook.com/CTARedExt
If you have any questions related to the CTA’s proposed RLE project, please click here or contact us via email or US mail at:
Chicago Transit Authority
Strategic Planning & Policy, 10th Floor
Attn: Red Line Extension Project
567 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60661-1465