Extra bus and rail service can get you to the fun conveniently and affordably
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is the most affordable and convenient way to get to the 2019 Pride Parade this Sunday, June 30 in Lakeview from 12 to 4 p.m. For more information, tips, a map and information, visit: transitchicago.com/prideparade.
Commemorative Pride Parade 1-Day Tickets Available
Rainbow flag-themed 1-Day Tickets – good for a full 24 hours of rides on CTA buses and trains – are now available at the following locations:
Red Line -95th-Dan Ryan, Belmont, Bryn Mawr, Chicago, Fullerton, Grand, Lake-State, Morse, Roosevelt, Sheridan and Wilson
Brown Line – Diversey and Wellington
Blue Line - O'Hare, Damen and Logan Square
Orange Line -Midway and Roosevelt
Elevated -State& Lake and Clark-Lake
The Red and Brown lines provide fast, frequent service to the Pride Parade:
- From the Red Line, customers can exit at the Wilson, Sheridan, Addison or Belmont stations, which are all a short walk to the parade route.
- From the Brown Line, customers can use the Diversey, Wellington and Belmont stations to arrive at the parade.
Extra service will also be available on the following ‘L’ lines:
- Red Line: More frequent service
- Brown Line: More frequent service and longer trains
- Orange and Blue Lines: Longer trains
NOTE: CTA encourages customers to avoid the Belmont station, which is likely to be crowded, and instead use the various other Red and Brown line stations listed above.
Another great way to get to the Pride Parade is to use Lakefront bus routes, including the #146 and #151. These provide convenient access from the north, the Gold Coast/North Michigan Avenue and downtown, to the areas east of the parade route.
Extra service will be available on the following routes:
#74 Fullerton #76 Diversey #77 Belmont #78 Montrose
Rerouted bus routes include:
#8 Halsted #22 Clark #36 Broadway #74 Fullerton
#76 Diversey #77 Belmont #78 Montrose #80 Irving Park
#151 Sheridan #152 Addison
Customers are advised to plan ahead and check individual bus route schedules before they board. Visit transitchicago.com/alerts for more information.
REMINDER: Traveling with Bicycles and Strollers on Sunday (6/30)
Strollers and carts: MUST be folded prior to boarding buses and trains.
- Not allowed on 'L' trains between 5 a.m. and 11:59 p.m.
- Allowed on all buses, but must be placed on bike racks located on the front of every bus.
The CTA recommends that customers plan ahead and purchase fares in advance to decrease travel times and avoid long lines at rail stations. Below are some of the convenient methods to pay your way on the CTA:
- Electronic fare payments: Customers can pay their fare with contactless bankcards and mobile wallets (e.g. Apple Pay or Android Pay), which will deduct $2.50 for each tap of the card or mobile device on buses or at rail stations. Transfers are not available with these payment options – to transfer, customers will need to obtain a Ventra fare card or ticket. NOTE: Recommended for those without a Ventra card or who do not use CTA frequently
- Existing Ventra card users: Customers can load their registered Ventra cards ahead of time with either transit value or unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) via the free Ventra app, at rail stations, online or at nearly 900 local retailers (for locations available or to download the app, visit ventrachicago.com).
- Visitors: Available at Ventra vending machines located in all CTA rail stations are 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3 at all rail stations except O’Hare, which costs $5) that offer up to two transfers within two hours. Customers can also obtain reloadable Ventra fare cards at all Ventra vending machines.
- Cash: Cash payments are accepted on buses and require exact fare. No transfers are available with cash fares, only with Ventra fare cards and tickets.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON CTA SERVICE
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #