Temporary service disruptions on portions of the Blue, Green and Pink Line this weekend
Did you know that CTA provides easy, affordable connections to some of Chicago’s most popular destinations? We’ve also expanded service this summer to make it even more convenient for customers to get to the beach, park, concerts, museums and more this season!
Event service/extra service
Kahlid - Thurs. 7/25 at 7:30 p.m.
ELO - Sat. 7/27 at 8 p.m.
CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Temporary Weekend Service Disruptions on Blue, Green and Pink Lines
Rail service will be temporarily suspended on portions of the Blue, Green and Pink Line this weekend from 10 p.m. Fri. July 26 until 4 a.m. Mon. July 29. CTA encourages customers to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time.
O’Hare Branch Blue Line (service alert):
- No rail service between Jefferson Park and Montrose stations
- Bus shuttle service provided between Jefferson Park and Montrose (or to Addison for those who require vertical access)
- Due to signal upgrade work as part of the $492 million Your New Blue (YNB) program
Green/Pink Line (service alert):
- No rail service between Clinton and Ashland stations; Morgan station closed
- Bus shuttle service provided between Clinton and Ashland
- Pink Line service only operating between 54th/Cermak and Ashland:
- Loop-bound: Board bus shuttle at Ashland, transfer to Green Line at Clinton
- 54th/Cermak-bound: Take Green Line to Clinton, transfer to bus shuttle connect to Pink Line at Ashland
- Due to track repair and maintenance work as part of CTA’s FastTracks program
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) from all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #