Let CTA take you to the Auto Show and Chicago Fire Soccer game
Now that summer is in full swing, let the CTA take you and your family and friends to the best outdoor activities happening throughout the city affordably and conveniently.
Spend less getting there by taking advantage of CTA’s promotional discount on the three most popular unlimited-ride passes, available until Labor Day:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
These specially discounted unlimited-ride passes can be used to travel to sporting events, concerts, festivals, other events. Getting to Chicago’s popular lakefront, beaches or downtown attractions is even more convenient with extra bus service being provided along select routes all summer long!
Extra Service for Upcoming Events
Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place - Thurs. 7/15 to Mon. 7/19
- Rail service: Board any Ashland/63rd-Cottage Grove Green Line train at any of the Loop Elevated stations, exit at Cermak- McCormick Place station and walk three blocks to McCormick Place
- Bus service: Bus routes operating within a quarter-mile of the Auto Show entrance:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station
- #3 King Drive: Direct access to McCormick Place; operates all hours of Auto Show
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #21Cermak: Direct access to McCormick Place; operates all hours of Auto Show
- #29 State
DC United vs. Chicago Fire Soccer at Soldier Field – Wed. 7/21 at 7 p.m.
- Extra service on #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers plan ahead, allow extra travel time, and purchase fares in advance. Below are a few things to be aware of to help make your next trip smooth and easy:
- Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. As such, all customers are required to wear masks/coverings while on a CTA bus, train, platform or in a station or other building or facility owned and operated by the CTA. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
- Plan your trip: Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner and our new Ridership Dashboards, which are designed to help you better plan trips on our buses and trains to avoid traveling during heavy ridership periods, whenever possible
- Ways to pay: There are a variety of convenient fare payment options, including payment with mobile pay apps (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) and contactless bankcards. To learn more, visit: transitchicago.com/fares/.
- Travel updates and alerts: Stay in the Loop on CTA service wand follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
When You’re Ready, We’re Ready
With Chicago fully reopened, the CTA is ready to get customers to where they need to go. As part of its commitment to providing the safest and healthiest transit experience, the CTA is continuing to operate full service on all routes (as it has throughout the pandemic), maintaining its rigorous and extensive cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles and stations multiple times each day, and offering a variety of new tools/resources to make taking public transit even more convenient. More information about CTA’s efforts can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
# # #