When You're Ready, We're Ready
Our #1 goal is to provide a healthy, comfortable commute
Since the start of the pandemic, we at the CTA have worked tirelessly to provide the essential transit service that you and others throughout the region rely on.
As the region slowly reopens, we are ready to get you where you need to go—back to the office, back to school, back to festivals, back to museums, back to farmers markets…back to all the things that make our city great.
CTA buses and trains have been running throughout the pandemic, providing service to essential workers and those needing to make necessary trips. Now, as the city embarks on the “Open Chicago” reopening plan, we are a vital part of those efforts.
When you’re ready to get back to normal, we’re ready to get you there.
What we’re doing
Every day, we are committed to providing you the best possible customer experience and we’re doing so in a number of ways:
- Extensive cleaning—buses, trains and stations cleaned multiple times each day
- Efficient air circulation—air on buses and trains is filtered and exchanged about every minute, and doors frequently open to bring in fresh air
- Full service—we continue to provide full service on all routes and lines, helping provide space and reduce crowding
- Rider tools—we have created Ridership Dashboards to help you determine the least-crowded times to travel
- Mask requirement—per federal and state mandate, masks are required for all CTA customers and employees. We currently provide free masks on buses and in rail stations. We’ve also distributed nearly 30,000 Travel Healthy Kits, with a reusable cloth mask, hand sanitizer and healthy travel tips.
What you can do
Public transit works best when we are all considerate of one another. While we continue promote and encourage prudent behaviors, there is a level of personal accountability and common-sense behavior that will be required on the part of you and other customers. Please join us in providing the best commute for everyone!
Transit is essential to the region's recovery. Here's what some leaders are saying:
CTA has earned the American Public Transportation Association’s (APTA) Health & Safety Commitment seal—recognizing our efforts of fulfilling the highest industry commitments for keeping transit safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more