Now through Labor Day weekend, CTA offering discounts on its most popular unlimited passes
As Chicago continues to re-open, CTA bus and rail service will be a critical part of the region’s recovery, offering riders the most affordable, convenient and environmentally-friendly way to move around the city.
To welcome back riders and encourage current customers to use public transit more often, the CTA is offering a promotional discount on three of its most-popular unlimited-ride passes this summer through Labor Day:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Customers are encouraged to use the specially discounted multi-day passes to travel to ball games, concerts, festivals, and other events happening this summer. Those headed to Chicago’s popular beaches, lakefront and downtown attractions can take also advantage of CTA’s extra bus service.
From Saturday, May 29 to Sunday, June 20, shuttle service will be provided to beaches on weekends and holidays from the bus routes below. From June 20 through late August, these bus routes will be extended to the beach on weekends and holidays. The #63 and #72 routes will also operate on weekdays beginning Monday, June 21. Beach service will be provided through Labor Day.
Customers are advised to plan their trip in advance by visiting the Google Transit Trip Planner or by noting each bus route’s schedule. Since beach hours of operation may vary slightly, the CTA encourages riders to check timetables for exact first trip/last trip times. Additionally, a number of CTA bus routes provide service within walking distance to many local Chicago beaches.
Service to Navy Pier and Museums
The following routes will also run a summer service schedule from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day:
- #10 Museum of Science & Industry: Service between Michigan/Chestnut and Museum of Science & Industry will operate daily.
NOTE: There will be no service on Mondays between May 29 and June 20, 2021.
- #124 Navy Pier: Service will be extended by 90 minutes in the evening daily. Eastbound service from Union/Ogilvie stations will run until 11:30 pm. Westbound service from Navy Pier will run until 12 midnight.
- #130 Museum Campus: Service between Union/Ogilvie stations and Museum Campus/Planetarium will operate daily.
Know before you go!
With pandemic protocols still in place, the CTA strongly recommends customers plan ahead, leave extra travel time, and purchase fares in advance. Below are a few things to be aware of to help make your next trip smooth and easy:
- Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. As such, all customers are required to wear masks/coverings while on a CTA bus, train, platform or in a station or other building or facility owned and operated by the CTA.
- Plan your trip: Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner and our new Ridership Dashboards, which are designed to help you better plan trips on our buses and trains to avoid traveling during heavy ridership periods, whenever possible
- Ways to pay: There are a variety of convenient fare payment options, including payment with mobile pay apps (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) and contactless bankcards. To learn more, visit: transitchicago.com/fares/.
- Travel updates and alerts: Stay in the Loop on CTA service wand follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
When You’re Ready, We’re Ready
CTA’s summer fare promotion is just one part of the agency’s When You’re Ready, We’re Ready campaign, which details the various new initiatives CTA has undertaken to welcome riders back to its system and offer the most positive transit experience. In addition to expanding CTA’s industry-leading cleaning efforts, the agency has created an extensive customer education campaign, provided customer tools such as the Ridership Dashboard, and continues to enforce the Federal mask mandate to ensure the safety of all riders.
Under the “When You’re Ready, We’re Ready” initiative, CTA also recently launched its “Refresh & Renew” program, which will accelerate and expand station maintenance to target nearly 90% of rail stations by the end of 2021.
# # #