For a limited time, the CTA is offering discounts on most popular multi-day passes
It’s summertime in the city and the CTA is the most convenient, environmentally-friendly and now even more affordable way to get to your destination, including the upcoming Chicago Fire soccer matches, as well as Cubs and Sox baseball games!
This summer spend less on fares and have more fun, more splash and more yum! Now through Labor Day, the CTA is offering a promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited-ride passes:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
These specially discounted multi-day passes can be used to travel to sporting events, concerts, festivals, and other events happening this summer, while those headed to Chicago’s popular beaches, lakefront and downtown attractions can take advantage of CTA’s extra bus service.
- Sat. 7/3 at 7 p.m. – Atlanta United vs. Chicago Fire Soccer
- Wed. 7/7 at 7 p.m. – Orlando City vs. Chicago Fire Soccer
Special service: Extra service on #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Mon. 7/5 at 7:05 p.m. - Philadelphia Phillies vs. Chicago Cubs
- Tue. 7/6 at 7:05 p.m. - Philadelphia Phillies vs. Chicago Cubs
- Wed. 7/7 at 7:05 p.m. - Philadelphia Phillies vs. Chicago Cubs
- #152 Addison: More frequent service before and after the game
- #80 Irving Park: More frequent service before the game
- Yellow Line: Later service (to midnight from Howard Station) on all night games
- Purple Line: Loop-bound trains will stop at Sheridan for weeknight games
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers plan ahead, allow extra travel time, and purchase fares in advance. Below are a few things to be aware of to help make your next trip smooth and easy:
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. As such, all customers are required to wear masks/coverings while on a CTA bus, train, platform or in a station or other building or facility owned and operated by the CTA. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
Plan your trip: Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner and our new Ridership Dashboards, which are designed to help you better plan trips on our buses and trains to avoid traveling during heavy ridership periods, whenever possible
Ways to pay: There are a variety of convenient fare payment options, including payment with mobile pay apps (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) and contactless bankcards. To learn more, visit: transitchicago.com/fares/.
- Travel updates and alerts: Stay in the Loop on CTA service wand follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts.
When You’re Ready, We’re Ready
With Chicago fully reopened, the CTA is ready to get customers to where they need to go. As part of its commitment to providing the safest and healthiest transit experience, the CTA is continuing to operate full service on all routes (as it has throughout the pandemic), maintaining its rigorous and extensive cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles and stations multiple times each day, and offering a variety of new tools/resources to make taking public transit even more convenient. More information about CTA’s efforts can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
# # #