CTA to run regular bus and rail service on Veterans Day – Thu. Nov.11; Track maintenance work on Brown Line to temporarily impact service this weekend
Riders can now spend even less by taking advantage of CTA’s extended promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited ride passes:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
CTA reminds veterans and other military personnel about its Military Service Pass. All active U.S. Military personnel in full uniform and presenting their U.S. Armed Forces ID, or personnel and qualifying disabled veterans may ride free on CTA buses and trains. More information regarding who qualifies for and how to apply for a Military Service Pass here: www.transitchicago.com/military/.
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Brown Line Service
- Between 6 a.m. Sun. 11/14 and 1 a.m. Mon. 11/15, shuttle buses will replace rail service between the Belmont and Irving Park stations. Map and more details here
- Shuttle will operate in both directions serving all affected stations
- Service changes are due to track maintenance
Extra Service for Upcoming Events
United Center Events
Extra service on #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes
- Arizona Coyotes vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Fri. 11/12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Genesis concerts - Mon. 11/15 and Tue. 11/16 at 8 p.m.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by using the Google Transit Trip Planner and purchasing fares in advance.
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station. More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.