Extra service provided for the Mag Mile Lights Festival and various sporting events
As the festive holiday events begin, remember to let CTA be your affordable and convenient ride to all the fun. Riders can now spend even less by taking advantage of CTA’s extended promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited ride passes:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Brown Line Service
- Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Sun. 11/21, shuttle buses will replace rail service between the Southport and Irving Park stations. Map and more details HERE
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions serving all affected stations
- Service changes are due to track maintenance work occurring this weekend
Extra Service for Upcoming Events
Mag Mile Lights Festival - Sat. 11/20
Festival: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tree Lighting Parade: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Extra service on #3 King Drive, #4 Cottage Grove, #6 Jackson Park Express, #66 Chicago, #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express, #147 Outer Drive Express and #151 Sheridan bus routes
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Northwestern Wildcats at Wrigley Field - Sat. 11/20 at 11 a.m.
- #152 Addison: More frequent service before and after the game
United Center Events
Extra service on #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes
- Trevor Noah Tour – Sat. 11/20 at 7:30 p.m.
- New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls – Sun. 11/21 at 7 p.m.
- Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls – Mon. 11/22 at 7 p.m.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Sun. 11/21 at 12 p.m.
- Extra service on #128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by using the Google Transit Trip Planner and purchasing fares in advance.
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #