Buses and trains operating on a Saturday schedule Christmas Day and New Year's Day
CTA is the most convenient way to get to all the holiday fun! Riders can now spend even less by taking advantage of CTA’s permanent discount on three of its most popular unlimited ride passes:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Leave the hassles of traffic and parking behind this holiday season and let CTA take you to either the O’Hare International Airport via the Blue Line (approx. 40 minutes from Clark/Lake) or to Midway International Airport via the Orange Line (approx. 30 minutes from the Loop).
- Fri. 12/24 (Christmas Eve) –Sunday schedule
- Sat. 12/25 (Christmas Day) – Saturday schedule
- Sun. 12/26 – Sunday schedule
- Fri. 12/31 (New Year’s Eve) – Sunday schedule
- Sat.1/1 (New Year’s Day) – Saturday schedule
- Sun. 1/2 – Sunday schedule
Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts. CTA recommends allowing extra travel time as well as purchasing fares or unlimited ride passes ahead of time.
Service for Upcoming Events
Extra service on the #20 Madison before each event, and extra service on the #19 United Center Express and the #50 Damen routes after each event
- Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls - Sun. 12/26 at 7 p.m.
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tue. 12/28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls - Wed. 12/29 at 7 p.m.
*NOTE: Scheduled Bulls and Blackhawks games are subject to change, based upon NBA and NHL COVID-19 protocols and procedures.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by using the Google Transit Trip Planner and purchasing fares in advance.
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #