Track maintenance work to temporarily impact Red Line service this weekend
Get to all the fun this autumn conveniently and at a great price by taking advantage of CTA’s extended promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited-ride passes, now available through November 25:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Red Line Service
- Between 8 p.m. Sat. (10/2) and 4 a.m. Sun. (10/3) the Red Line will bypass Jarvis through Thorndale stations. Southbound trains will run express between Howard and Bryn Mawr. Map and more details here
- Between 8 p.m. Sun. (10/3) and 4 a.m. Mon. (10/4) the Red Line will bypass Thorndale through Jarvis stations. Northbound trains will run express between Bryn Mawr and Howard. Map and more details here
- On Sat. 10/2, bus shuttle service will operate southbound between Howard and Bryn Mawr Stations. Bus will stop near all intermediate Red Line stations.
- On Sun, 10/3, bus shuttle service will operate northbound between Bryn Mawr and Howard Stations. It will stop near all intermediate Red Line stations.
Extra Service for Upcoming Events
Spring Awakening Music Festival at Addams/Medill Park
Sat. 10/2 to Sun. 10/3 from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pink Line: Increased frequency
- Extra service on the #9 Ashland and #12 Roosevelt routes
United Center Events
Extra service on #20 Madison and #50 Damen
- St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Fri. 10/1 at 7:30 pm
- Dan & Shay concert - Sat. 10/2 at 7 p.m.
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls - Tues. 10/5 at 7 p.m.
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Sun. 10/3 at 12 p.m.
Extra service on #128 Soldier Field Express #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by using the Google Transit Trip Planner and purchasing fares in advance.
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #