Extra service provided for the Chicago Marathon, major sporting events and more
No matter where you’re headed this autumn, the CTA’s efficient bus and rail service can get you to all the best activities happening throughout the city conveniently and at a low-price.
In fact, riders can spend even less by taking advantage of CTA’s extended promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited-ride passes, now available through November 25:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Service for Upcoming Events
Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox - MLB playoff game at Guaranteed Rate Field
Sun. 10/10 at 7:07 p.m.
- Rail: Red Line to Sox-35th Station, Green Line to 35th-Bronzeville-IIT Station
- Bus: #29 State and #35 31st/35th
United Center Events
Extra service on #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes
- J. Cole concert – Thurs. 10/7 at 8 p.m.
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. 10/8 at 7 p.m.
- Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sat. 10/9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Pepe Aguilar concert – Sun. 10/10 at 8 p.m.
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Abbott Health and Fitness Expo at McCormick Place - Friday 10/8 and Saturday 10/9
Arrive just steps from the Health and Fitness Expo by exiting at the Cermak-McCormick Place station on the Green Line.
- Rail: Green Line will operate longer trains. Exit at Cermak-McCormick Place station
- Bus: Extra service on #3 King Drive
Bank of America Chicago Marathon at Grant Park - Sunday 10/10
- Rail: More frequent service on the Red, Blue, Brown and Green lines and earlier service on the Purple Line.
Viewing areas near CTA stations
CTA is a great option to get you to prime marathon viewing areas:
1. Grand (Red Line) Station – Miles #1, #3 and #12.5
2. Monroe (Red Line) Station –Mile #2
3. Chicago (Red Line) Station – Miles #3.5 and #12.25
4. Clark/Division (Red Line) Station – Miles #4 and #12
5. Sheridan (Red Line) Station – Mile #8
6. Addison (Red Line) Station – Mile #8.5
7. Sedgwick (Brown Line) Station – Mile #11
8. Washington/Wells (Brown/Pink/Orange lines) Elevated Station – Miles #13.5
9. UIC-Halsted (Blue Line) Station – Miles #14 and #17
10. 18th (Pink Line) Station – Mile #19.25
11. Cermak-Chinatown (Red Line) Station – Miles #21.5
12. Sox-35th and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT (Red/Green Line) Stations – Mile #23 and 23.25
13. Cermak-McCormick Place (Green Line) Station – Mile #25
14. Roosevelt (Red/Green/Orange Lines) Station – Finish Line
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by using the Google Transit Trip Planner and purchasing fares in advance.
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #