Weekend work to impact Brown Line; Extra service provided for concerts and sporting events
Whether searching the city for that perfect “pumpkin spice” goody or simply enjoying the cooler “sweater weather” customers can now spend even less as they ride around Chicago this fall!
CTA has extended its promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited-ride passes, now available through November 25:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Brown Line Service
- Between 10 p.m. Fri. 10/15 and 4 a.m. Sun. 10/17, shuttle buses will replace rail service between Belmont and Southport. Map and more details here
- Train service will continue to operate between Kimball and Southport and between Belmont and the Loop.
- Between 4 a.m. Sun. 10/17 and 4 a.m. Mon. 10/18, shuttle buses will replace rail service between Belmont and Irving Park. Map and more details here
- Train service will continue to operate between Kimball and Irving Park and between Belmont and the Loop.
- Service change is due to track construction for the Red-Purple Bypass, as part of the Red Purple Modernization project.
Extra Service for Upcoming Events
United Center Events
Extra service on #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes
- Gabriel Iglesias (comedian event) - Thu. 10/14 at 8 p.m.
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Chicago Bulls - Fri. 10/15 at 7 p.m.
- 21 Pilots concert - Sat. 10/16 at 8 p.m.
- NY Islanders vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Tue. 10/19 at 7 p.m.
Rutgers vs. Northwestern Football Homecoming at Ryan Field – Sat. 10/16 at 11 a.m.
- Purple Line: Increased frequency
Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field - Sun. 10/17 at 12 p.m.
- Extra service on #128 Soldier Field Express #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by using the Google Transit Trip Planner and purchasing fares in advance.
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #