The Chicago Transit Authority will provide extra service for customers attending St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and events at the United Center.
St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
CTA is providing extra rail service for St. Patrick’s Day events including the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Chicago River Dyeing on Saturday, March 11:
Rail Service for St. Patrick’s Day Parade and River Dyeing on Saturday, March 11:
Red Line More frequent service from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Blue Line Longer trains from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Green Line Longer trains from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. More frequent service between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Purple Line Longer trains from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Brown Line Longer trains from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Orange Line Longer trains from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Bus Service for St. Patrick’s Day Parade and River Dyeing on Saturday, March 11:
The following bus routes will be rerouted due to street closures associated with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade: #6 Jackson Park, #J14 Jeffery Jump, #124 Navy Pier, #126 Jackson, #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express and #147 Outer Drive Express.
Customers are advised to plan ahead and check individual routes at transitchicago.com/alerts.
United Center Events
The CTA will operate the #19 United Center Express for customers attending upcoming events at the United Center:
- Friday, March 10 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Houston Rockets
- Sunday, March 12 at 11:30 a.m. – Chicago Blackhawks vs. Minnesota Wild
- Tuesday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. – Ariana Grande concert
- Wednesday, March 15 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Saturday, March 18 at 8 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Utah Jazz
- Sunday, March 19 at 6 p.m. – Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche
- Tuesday, March 21 at 7:30 p.m. – Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks
- Wednesday, March 22 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Detroit Pistons
- Thursday, March 23 at 7:30 p.m. – Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars
- Friday, March 24 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- #19 United Center Express: Service provided on #19 will begin approximately 1.5 hours before events until one hour after events end. Buses will await customers on the north side of the United Center eastbound on the Madison near Gate 3.
- #50 Damen: #50 provides a good option for customers accessing the United Center from the north and south and provides connections with Orange, Pink, Blue and Brown lines. Northbound #50 buses will await customers on Damen at Madison after each event.
- CTA’s Ashland/Lake station, served by the Green and Pink lines, is located a few blocks northeast of the United Center. Customers exiting at the station can transfer to #9 Ashland buses or simply walk a few blocks to the stadium.
- Customers taking the Blue Line can get to the United Center by exiting at the Illinois Medical District station and walking a few blocks north to the United Center.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON CTA SERVICE
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #