Extra service Nov. 17-19 for Magnificent Mile Light Festival, sporting events; CTA reminds customers of changes to bus boarding locations at 95th Terminal
Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts. CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes ahead of time. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Magnificent Mile Light Festival (Michigan Ave & Oak Street) – Sat. 11/18, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Added Rail Service: Red, Brown, Blue, Orange, Pink lines
- Recommended Bus Routes: #3 King Drive, #J14 Jeffery Jump, #29 State, #65 Grand, #66 Chicago, #124 Navy Pier, #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express, #147 Outer Drive Express and #151 Sheridan (NOTE: routes are detoured in vicinity of parade, click for more details)
Charlotte Hornets vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. 11/17 at 7 p.m.
- Rail: Green, Pink and Blue lines
- Bus: #19 United Center Express, #20 Madison and #50 Damen
Northwestern Game at Ryan Field – Sat. 11/18 at 11 a.m.
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Sunday 11/19 at 12 p.m.
- Rail: Red, Orange, Green lines
- Bus: #128 Soldier Field Express, #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Changes to Bus Boarding Locations at 95th Terminal
Due to ongoing construction work at the 95th Terminal, the East Bus Terminal will remain closed until 10 p.m. Friday, November 17, at which time the West Bus Terminal will be temporarily closed for approximately four weeks. See here for more information regarding affected bus routes.
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at more than 1,000 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase from Ventra vending machines 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) that include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #