Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts. CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes ahead of time. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Loop ‘L’ trains detoured due to weekend closure of tracks along Lake and Wabash
Beginning 10 p.m. Friday, October 27 through 5 a.m. Monday, October 30, some Loop elevated train service will be detoured because of track closures for the deconstruction of the former Randolph/Wabash Loop Elevated station.
- Green Line: Trains will operate between Harlem/Lake and Cottage-Ashland/63rd via Wells and Van Buren.
- Orange and Brown lines: Trains will operate as one route, between Kimball and Midway, via Wells and Van Buren.
- Pink Line: Trains rains will operate between 54th/Cermak and the Racine Blue Line station for connecting Blue Line service to/from downtown.
- No rail service at Washington/Wabash, State/Lake, Adams/Wabash or Clark/Lake stations.
Customers may transfer between Loop elevated and subway trains at the Harold Washington Library (Loop elevated) and Jackson (Blue and Red lines) stations.
Event service/extra service
United Center games and concerts
- Rail: Green, Pink and Blue lines
- Bus: #19 United Center Express, #20 Madison and #50 Damen
Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls – Thurs. 10/26 at 7 p.m.
Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Fri. 10/27 at 7:30 p.m.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls – Sat. 10/28 at 7 p.m.
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Wed. Nov. 1 at 7 p.m. |
Arcade Fire – Mon. 10/30 at 7:30 p.m.
Northwestern Game at Ryan Field – Sat. 10/28 at 2:30 p.m.
Hot Chocolate 15K/5K at Grant Park - Sun. 10/29 at 7:30 a.m.
- Rail: Blue, Brown and Orange lines
- Bus: #3 King, #4 Cottage Grove, #6 Jackson Park Express, #J14 Jeffery Jump, #29 State and #151 Sheridan.
- This event will impact various bus routes on Sunday. Please visit the bus service alerts page to check whether your bus route is affected.
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at more than 1,000 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase from Ventra vending machines 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) that include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.