Construction requires temporary closure of West bus terminal; station entrances to remain open
CTA customers who board buses at the 95th/Dan Ryan station are reminded that beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, November 17, the West bus terminal will be temporarily closed for approximately four weeks requiring temporary changes in bus boarding locations for nearly all CTA and Pace bus routes.
The temporary closure of the West bus terminal is necessary to allow CTA to continue construction of the new, $280 million 95th Street Terminal. The new terminal will be completed in 2018, and provide the 20,000 customers who use 95th station daily with a much larger, more comfortable and easier to navigate transit facility.
There are no major changes to bus or rail service during the construction period, and all entrances to the rail station will continue to be open during this period.
West Bus Terminal Closure (Phase II)
- The western bus boarding area, closest to Lafayette Avenue, will close beginning 10 p.m. Friday, November 17 for approx. four weeks.
- CTA and Pace bus boarding relocations during Phase II work:
- East Terminal: #N5 South Shore Night Bus, #N9 Ashland, #34 South Michigan, #108 Halsted/95th*, #111 111th/King Drive, #112 Vincennes/111th*, #115 Pullman/115th and #119 Michigan/119th. and Greyhound buses.
*Routes returning to their original boarding locations.
- 95th/Lafayette (northwest corner): westbound #95+ and Pace bus routes #352, #359, #381 and #395
- 95th/Lafayette (southwest corner): eastbound #95+ and Pace bus routes #352, #359, #381 and #395
- Temporary bus terminal at 95th/State (southeast corner): #100 Jeffery Manor Express, #103 West 103rd, #106 East 103rd and Pace bus routes #352, #353, #359, #381, #395.
- Boarding locations for #29 State and Greyhound buses remain the same and are not affected.
- The eight routes serving the 95th Street Terminal during this phase of work will be detoured north on State Street to 91st Street and then enter the terminal via Lafayette.
[+ indicates updated service information on 11/21/17]
CTA will have additional staff at the 95th/Dan Ryan station to answer questions and provide assistance during the morning and evening rush periods beginning Thursday, November 16 through Monday, November 20. CTA will also post additional signage throughout the bus and rail terminal to direct riders where to board buses.
For the latest information on the project, visit: http://www.transitchicago.com/95thTerminal/.
Phase II Bus Boarding Relocation Map