Leave the driving to us! CTA to offer convenient bus and rail service, including bus shuttles to McCormick Place for Auto Show
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is the most affordable and hassle-free way to get to the 2018 Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place taking place Saturday, February 10 through Monday, February 19.
Getting to the Chicago Auto Show by train is convenient with the Cermak-McCormick Place Green Line station, which is located three blocks west of McCormick Place. Customers can connect to the Green Line via multiple rail lines (Red, Orange, Blue, Brown and Pink lines), which provide free transfers at multiple locations and will have signage directing customers where to transfer and exit.
Chicago Auto Show visitors can also easily access McCormick Place via the #3 King Drive, #21 Cermak and a special, dedicated “Auto Show” bus shuttle route that provides direct connections between McCormick Place and multiple locations. The shuttles can be easily identified from regular CTA routes by special signs displaying ”To Auto Show McCormick Pl” or “To Metra Stns – Via Downtown” on their destination signs. For the price of a regular bus fare, customers can board the Chicago Auto Show shuttle from the following locations:
- Ogilvie Transportation Center: On Clinton at Madison
- Union Station: Corner of Clinton and Quincy or Jackson Blvd and the Chicago River
- Museum Campus: On Columbus at 11th Street
- McCormick Place: At Gate #26 beneath McCormick Place
The CTA recommends that customers plan ahead and purchase fares in advance to decrease travel times and avoid long lines at rail stations. Below are some of the convenient methods to pay your way on the CTA:
- Existing Ventra card users: Customers can load their registered Ventra cards ahead of time with either transit value or unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) via the free Ventra app, at rail stations, online or at nearly 1,000 local retailers (for locations available or to download the app, visit ventrachicago.com).
- Visitors: Available at Ventra vending machines located in all CTA rail stations are 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3 at all rail stations except O’Hare, which costs $5) that offer up to two transfers within two hours. Customers can also obtain reloadable Ventra fare cards at all Ventra vending machines.
- Electronic fare payments: Customers can pay their fare with contactless bankcards and mobile wallets (e.g. Apple Pay or Android Pay), which will deduct $2.50 for each tap of the card or mobile device on buses or at rail stations. Transfers are not available with these payment options – to transfer, customers will need to obtain a Ventra fare card or ticket.
- Cash: Cash payments are accepted on buses and require exact fare. No transfers are available with cash fares, only with Ventra fare cards and tickets.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON CTA SERVICE
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #