Only the CTA’s Red Line gets fans directly to/from Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field for one low-rate
Headed to the best baseball rivalry – Cubs vs. Sox – this August? Skip the mind-numbing traffic and expensive parking and let CTA get you to the 2021 Crosstown Classic series at both Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field!
Chicago baseball fans can spend even LESS by taking advantage of CTA’s promotional discount on three of its most popular unlimited-ride passes, available until Labor Day:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Wrigley Field Games
Fri. 8/6 and Sat. 8/7 at 1.20 p.m. and Sun. 8/8 at 6:08 p.m.
Get to Wrigley Field via the Red Line to Addison
- #80 Irving Park: More frequent service before the games
- #152 Addison: More frequent service before and after the game
- Yellow Line: Later service (midnight from Howard Station) for all evening games
- Purple Lines: Loop-bound trains will stop at Sheridan for weeknight games
Guaranteed Rate Field Games
Fri. 8/27 at 7:10 p.m.; Sat. 8/28 at 6:10 p.m.; and Sun. 8/29 at 1:10 p.m.
Get to Guaranteed Rate Field via the Red Line to Sox-35th or the Green Line to 35th-Bronzeville-IIT
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers plan ahead, allow extra travel time, and purchase fares in advance. Below are a few things to be aware of to help make your next trip smooth and easy:
- Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties -- even if you are vaccinated. As such, all customers are required to wear masks/coverings while on a CTA bus, train, platform or in a station or other building or facility owned and operated by the CTA. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
- Plan your trip: Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner and our new Ridership Dashboards, which are designed to help you better plan trips on our buses and trains to avoid traveling during heavy ridership periods, whenever possible
- Ways to pay: There are a variety of convenient fare payment options, including payment with mobile pay apps (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) and contactless bankcards. To learn more, visit: transitchicago.com/fares/.
- Travel updates and alerts: Stay in the Loop on CTA service wand follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
When You’re Ready, We’re Ready
With Chicago fully reopened, the CTA is ready to get customers to where they need to go. As part of its commitment to providing the healthiest transit experience, the CTA is continuing to operate full service on all routes (as it has throughout the pandemic), maintaining its rigorous and extensive cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles and stations multiple times each day, and offering a variety of new tools/resources to make taking public transit even more convenient. More information about CTA’s efforts can be found at transitchicago.com/ready.
# # #