Customers can avoid parking and traffic by making CTA their ticket to Cubs Home Opener
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is providing affordable and convenient bus and rail transportation to the Chicago Cubs’ home opener on Monday, April 10 and all season long, and is also now offering limited-edition, commemorative single ride tickets in honor of the Cubs’ historic 2016 season.
Separately, CTA is also providing extra service to upcoming United Center events.
Chicago Cubs baseball at Wrigley Field
For the Cubs’ Home Opener and all season long, CTA is the most convenient, affordable and reliable way to get to Wrigley Field.
With Wrigley Field located just a half block west of the Addison Red Line stop and a couple blocks south of the Sheridan stop on the Red Line, taking CTA to the game is a home run choice!
During weeknight Cubs games all season long, Howard-bound (northbound) Red Line trains will operate with increased frequency between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Also during weeknight games, Loop-bound (southbound) Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, just a couple blocks north of the ballpark.
During all Cubs night games, Yellow Line trains will operate from Howard to Skokie until midnight.
Fans can also use CTA’s #8 Halsted, #22 Clark or #152 Addison (which connects with the Brown and Blue lines) to get to, or within a few blocks of, Wrigley Field. The CTA provides extra service on the #80 Irving Park and #152 Addison routes for all Cubs home games.
Cubs fans can purchase the special, commemorative single ride tickets celebrating the 2016 World Champions at select Ventra machines at many of Chicago’s busiest rail stations beginning Friday, April 7:
- Red Line: Howard, Sheridan, Addison, Belmont, Fullerton, Chicago/State, Grand/State, Lake/State, Roosevelt and 95th
- Green Line: Garfield, Roosevelt and Harlem/Lake
- Blue Line: O’Hare, Rosemont, Cumberland and Addison-Blue
- Brown Line: Southport and Addison
- Purple Line: Linden
- Yellow Line: Dempster-Skokie
- Orange Line: Midway
United Center Events
The CTA will operate the #19 United Center Express for customers attending the upcoming events at the United Center:
- Thursday, April 6 at 5 p.m. – NCAA Men’s Frozen Four
- Saturday, April 8 at 7 p.m. - NCAA Men’s Frozen Four
- Monday, April 10 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Orlando Magic
- Tuesday, April 11 at 7:30 p.m. John Mayer Concert
- Wednesday, April 12 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Brooklyn Nets
- #19 United Center Express: Service will begin approximately 1.5 hours before events until one hour after events end. Buses will await customers on the north side of the United Center eastbound on the Madison near Gate 3.
- #50 Damen: #50 provides a good option for customers accessing the United Center from the north and south and provides connections with Orange, Pink, Blue and Brown lines. Northbound #50 buses will await customers on Damen at Madison after each event.
- CTA’s Ashland/Lake station, served by the Green and Pink lines, is located a few blocks northeast of the United Center. Customers exiting at the station can transfer to #9 Ashland buses or simply walk a few blocks to the stadium.
- Customers taking the Blue Line can get to the United Center by exiting at the Illinois Medical District station and walking a few blocks north to the United Center.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #