Service to/from baseball games and various events including the Sueños Festival at Grant Park, fireworks at Navy Pier and more
Choose CTA as your way to get around during this extended holiday weekend and avoid all the traffic hassles. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Grant Park – Sat. 5/27 and Sun. 5/28 at 12 p.m.
- Rail: All rail lines downtown will get you access to the festival.
- Loop Elevated: Exit at either Washington/Wabash or Adams/Wabash
- Red and Blue Lines: Exit at Jackson and walk a couple blocks east
Navy Pier Fireworks
Service on the #29 State, #66 Chicago and #124 Navy Pier routes. Customers can also take the #65 Grand route for the Wednesday event.
- Sat. 5/27 at 10 p.m.
- Wed. 5/31 at 9 p.m.
- New York Mets vs. Chicago Cubs – Thu. 5/25 at 6:40 p.m.
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs – Fri. 5/26 at 1:20 p.m., Sat. 5/27 at 6:15 p.m. and Sun. 5/28 at 1:20 p.m.
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Chicago Cubs – Mon. 5/29 at 1:20 p.m., Tue. 5/30 at 7:05 p.m. and Wed. 5/31 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, Loop-bound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a 95th/Dan Ryan-bound Red Line train and exit at Addison.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide additional service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the Wrigley Field area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Los Angeles Angels vs. White Sox – Mon. 5/29 and Tue. 5/30 at 7:10 p.m. and Wed. 5/31 at 1:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the ballpark area, including:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Service to the Lakefront:
Beginning with the start of service Saturday, May 27 through end of service Saturday, June 3, bus shuttle service will be provided on the routes below to get to and from Chicago’s beaches and lakefront parks. Starting June 4, the following routes will operate directly to the lakefront.
- #63 63rd
*Note: Due to CDOT construction at the beach parking lot, the CTA service stop for customers heading to the beach will be at a crosswalk on the south side of Hayes Drive and Lakeshore Drive.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #