Project work to impact Brown, Green and Blue line service this weekend
No matter what your plans, CTA is the most convenient and most affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls – Thursday, 10/17, at 7 p.m.
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Friday, 10/18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Bob Seger Concert – Saturday, 10/19 at 8 p.m.
- Washington Capitals vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sunday, 10/20, at 6 p.m.
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tuesday, 10/22, at 7:30 p.m.
Bus: Extra service on #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen
New Orleans Saints vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Sunday, 10/20, at 3:25 p.m.
Northwestern University vs. Ohio State at Ryan Field – Friday, 10/18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Rail: Extra Purple Line service
Weekend Project Work to Impact Brown, Green and Blue Line Service
CTA encourages customers to plan their trip beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Brown Line between Western and Kimball stations. More details here.
- Temporary suspension of service between Western and Kimball stations from 4 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19 until 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, 2019.
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Western and Kimball stations.
- Shuttle will also serve Lawrence/Kedzie, Lawrence/Sacramento and Lawrence/Rockwell.
- Crews performing track repair and maintenance work as part of CTA’s FastTracks program, which will provide customers with a faster commute and smoother 'L' ride.
Green Line between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations. More details here.
- Temporary suspension of service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18 until 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, 2019.
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations.
- Shuttle will also serve State/Cermak.
- Rail track work is part of CTA’s FastTracks program
Division Blue Line
Station and southbound platform closure due to Your New Blue (YNB) program work.
Station closure – More details here.
- Station closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18 until 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, 2019.
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Division and Chicago Blue Line stations during this time
Southbound platform closure – More details here.
- Southbound platform closed from 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21 until 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, 2019
- Free bus shuttle will only operate weekdays between 7 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase ($3) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #