Planned project work to impact Blue and Brown line service this weekend
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to enjoy your weekend. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Hot Chocolate 5K and 15K on Sun. 11/3 at Grant Park from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Rail: Extra service on the Blue, Brown and Orange lines
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for the following events:
- Detroit Pistons vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. 11/1 at 7 p.m.
- Sebastian Maniscalco Tour – Sat. 11/2 at 9 p.m.
- Tool concert - Sun. 11/3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls - Tues. 11/5 at 7 p.m.
Weekend Project Work to Impact Blue and Brown Line Service
Customers encouraged to plan their trips beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Forest Park-bound trains bypassing Division Station until Fri. Nov. 8
- Blue Line trains are bypassing Division Station until 10 p.m. Fri. Nov.8. More details here
- Customers can use the adjacent Chicago station, served by trains operating in both directions.
- Free bus shuttle service provided weekdays 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. from Division to Chicago.
- Station and platform upgrades are part of the ongoing Your New Blue program
- Temporary suspension of service between Kimball and Western stations from 4 a.m. Sat. Nov. 2 until 4 a.m. Mon. Nov. 4, 2019. More details here
- Free bus shuttle will operate along Lawrence Ave. between Kimball and Western stations
- Shuttle will also stop at Lawrence/Kedzie, Lawrence/Sacramento and Lawrence/Rockwell
- Crews performing track repair and maintenance work as part of CTA’s FastTracks program, which will provide customers with a faster commute and smoother 'L' ride.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #