CTA offers first-ever Sunday trips on December 5 and 12 around the Loop ‘L’
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) will offer additional, special runs of the Allstate CTA Holiday Train on the next two Sundays. The runs will take passengers around the Loop ‘L’ from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Sunday, December 5, and Sunday, December 12. These special runs, the first-ever trips on a Sunday, will provide more opportunities for customers to enjoy the train, while avoiding crowds.
Santa and his *new* chief assistant – Ella the Elf – remind riders of these safety rules:
- Face masks are required – no matter your age or vaccination status – and that goes for Santa and all the elves. Don’t get on Santa’s naughty list!
- When possible, please socially distance on platforms and aboard the Holiday Train and Holiday Bus.
- Be courteous, respectful and patient while waiting and boarding.
- Remember that – to keep everyone safe – if the train becomes too crowded, it may not stop to pick you up. If this happens, Santa encourages you to come back on another day or time this month.
- To keep everyone safe, Santa says there will be NO photos with children this year.
Despite those health and safety precautions, this experience really is an extra treat! These special Loop trips will allow the public to ride the downtown ‘L,’ as well as capture beautiful images of the Train – even seen from street level – as its decorative exterior is reflected in the downtown skyscrapers. Those are Instagram moments, for sure!
“We are so pleased that Santa agreed with us that having the chance to ride around the Loop in the Allstate CTA Holiday Train is a wonderful and rare opportunity that is sure to spread holiday cheer for Chicagoans,” said CTA President Dorval R. Carter, Jr. “We hope these special runs will offer joy and hope for our City as it continues to recover from the pandemic.”
# # #