CTA to run normal service on Veteran’s Day; Weekend project work to impact service along the Blue, Green and Brown Lines
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to enjoy your weekend. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares can be found below.
On Monday, November 11, 2019, Veteran’s Day, CTA will operate a normal weekday schedule. CTA thanks our nation’s veterans for their service
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for the following events:
- Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Thurs. 11/7 at 7:30 p.m.
- Houston Rockets vs. Chicago Bulls - Sat. 11/9 at 7 p.m.
- Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Sun. 11/10 at 6 p.m.
- New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls - Tues.11/12 at 7 p.m.
- Super M - Wed. 11/13 at 7 p.m.
Northwestern University vs. Purdue at Ryan Field – Sat. 11/9 at 11 a.m.
- Rail: Extra Purple Line service
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Sun. 11/10 at 12 p.m.
Weekend Project Work to Impact Blue, Green and Brown Line Service
CTA encourages customers to plan their trip beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Impacts to Blue Line due to ongoing Your New Blue program work.
Forest Park-bound trains bypassing Division station until Friday night
- Blue Line trains are bypassing Division Station until 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8. More details here
- Customers can use the adjacent Chicago station, served by trains operating in both directions.
- Free bus shuttle service provided weekdays 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. from Division to Chicago.
Grand station temporary closure
- Grand Blue Line will be closed 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 until 4 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11 More details here
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Grand and Chicago Blue Line stations.
- Temporary suspension of service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 until 4 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, 2019. More details here
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations.
- Green Line work is part of CTA’s FastTracks program to provide a faster commute and smoother 'L' ride.
- Temporary suspension of service between Kimball and Western stations from 4 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9 until 2 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, 2019. More details here
- Free bus shuttle to operate along Lawrence Ave. between Western and Kimball stations.
- Shuttle will also stop at Lawrence/Kedzie, Lawrence/Sacramento and Lawrence/Rockwell
- Crews performing track repair and maintenance work as part of CTA’s FastTracks program,
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #