CTA’s trains and buses are the best and most affordable ways to get to various sporting events, concerts, the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival and Parade on Michigan Avenue this weekend!
The Wintrust Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, a mile-long extravaganza led by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse of The Walt Disney World Resort, is expected to draw more than a million people to downtown Chicago Saturday night. CTA’s trains and buses will help you avoid the traffic jams and the headache of finding parking.
Customers can save by purchasing unlimited rides passes, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Millennium Park, Near Michigan Avenue & Washington Street. – Fri. 11/17 at 5 p.m.
- Rail: All rail lines downtown will get you access to the event.
- Loop Elevated: Exit at either Washington/Wabash and walk east
- Red Line: Exit at Lake and walk east
- Blue Line: Exit at Washington and walk east
- Bus: Multiple bus routes in the area will be rerouted. Check out the alerts on our website for more information: https://www.transitchicago.com/alerts/
Magnificent Mile Lights Festival and Parade
Michigan Avenue between Oak Street and Wacker Drive – Sat. 11/18
Festival: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Parade: 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Fireworks: 7 p.m. – 7:05 p.m.
- Rail: All rail lines downtown will get you access to the parade.
- Bus: Several CTA bus routes serve the area, including the following:
- #3 King Drive
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #J14 Jeffrey Jump
- #65 Grand
- #146 Inner Lake Shore/Michigan Express
- #147 Outer DuSable Lake Shore Express
- #151 Sheridan
For additional route information check our website: https://www.transitchicago.com/schedules/
Get to and from the following events via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Thu. 11/16 at 7 p.m.
- Orlando Magic vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. 11/17 at 7 p.m.
- Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls – Sat. 11/18 at 7 p.m.
- Buffalo Sabres vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 11/19 at 6 p.m.
- Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls – Mon. 11/20 at 7 p.m.
- Rod Wave – Wed. 11/22 at 8 p.m.
Ryan Field in Evanston
The Purple Line will provide the closest access to the stadium.
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Northwestern Wildcats – Sat. 11/18 at 11 a.m.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #