CTA’s trains and buses are the best and most affordable ways to get to various sporting events, concerts, and other activities; Ongoing construction work impacts service on the Forest Park Branch of the Blue Line with a few changes
CTA is the best way to get around Chicagoland, whether it’s to catch the Chicago Bears take on the Denver Broncos or the Chicago Fire host the world’s greatest soccer player, Leo Messi, and Inter Miami CF. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Get to and from the following events via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Preseason game: St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Thu. 9/28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Peter Gabriel – Sat. 9/30 at 8 p.m.
- Mana – Sun. 10/1 at 8:30 p.m.
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tue. 10/3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Dave Chappelle – Wed. 9/4 at 7:30 p.m.
Ryan Field in Evanston
The Purple Line will provide the closest access to the stadium.
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Northwestern Wildcats – Sat. 9/30 at 11 a.m.
Service on the #128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Denver Broncos vs. Chicago Bears – Sun. 10/1 at 12 p.m.
- Inter Miami CF vs. Chicago Fire FC – Wed. 10/4 at 7:30 p.m.*
*Note: #128 Soldier Field Express route does not run for this event.
Guaranteed Rate Field
- San Diego Padres vs. White Sox – Fri. 9/29 at 6:40 p.m., Sat. 9/30 at 6:10 p.m. and Sun. 10/1 at 2:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the ballpark area, including:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Forest Park Branch Rebuild Phase 1: Part A and Part B
- Construction for the Forest Park Branch Rebuild continues with updates to Blue Line service.
- Starting on Friday, 9/29 at 10 p.m., Blue Line service will operate in two sections, between O’Hare and LaSalle and between Forest Park and Illinois Medical District (IMD). There are no trains running between Jackson and IMD stations. More details
- Bus shuttles will operate in both directions between LaSalle and IMD.
- Forest Park-bound riders on the O’Hare branch who wish to travel beyond LaSalle should transfer at Jackson for direct connection to the bus shuttle service.
- There will also be an additional contingency bus shuttle operated between Clark/Lake and Jackson/Dearborn for ADA accessibility.
- ADA Blue Line passengers coming south from the O’Hare branch will exit at Clark/Lake, and ask CA/CSA for assistance connecting to the contingency shuttle. This shuttle will take them to Jackson/Dearborn where they can connect to westbound shuttle to IMD.
- ADA passengers arriving eastbound from IMD will ask the bus supervisor to board them on the contingency shuttle that will take them to Clark/Lake to connect to the Blue Line.
- On Mon. 10/2 at 4 a.m. – Sun. 10/8 at 2 a.m., service will return to the Part B shuttle operation with bus shuttles operating between IMD to UIC.
- Service changes are due to major track replacement and station work.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #