Planned project work to impact Blue and Green line service this weekend
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to enjoy your weekend. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for the following events:
- Philadelphia Flyers vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Thurs. 10/24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Toronto Raptors vs. Chicago Bulls – Sat. 10/26 at 7 p.m.
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 10/27 at 6 p.m.
- Carrie Underwood concert – Tues. 10/29 at 7 p.m.
Northwestern University vs. Iowa at Ryan Field – Sat. 10/26 at 11 a.m.
- Rail: Extra Purple Line service
Los Angeles Chargers vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Sun. 10/27 at 12 p.m.
Weekend Project Work to Impact Blue and Green Line Service
CTA encourages customers to plan their trip beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Blue Line O’Hare Branch
Suspension of service between Rosemont and Harlem stations this weekend
- Temporary suspension of service between Rosemont and Harlem stations from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 until 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28, 2019. More details here
- Free bus shuttle between Rosemont, Cumberland and Harlem stations during this time.
- Upgrades are being made to the signal system as part of the Your New Blue program, which will allow trains to operate more efficiently and reliably.
Forest Park-Bound trains bypassing Division station through 11/8
- Forest Park-bound trains are bypassing the Division station until 10 p.m. Friday, November 8. More details here
- Customers can use the adjacent Chicago Blue Line station, which is being served by trains operating in both directions.
- Free bus shuttle service provided on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. from Division to Chicago.
- Crews are performing station and platform upgrades as part of the ongoing Your New Blue program
- Temporary suspension of service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 until 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28, 2019. More details here
- Free bus shuttle between Roosevelt, Cermak-McCormick Place and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations during this time.
- Work is being performed as part of CTA’s FastTracks program
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #