Let CTA take you to downtown fireworks, sporting events, concerts and more this weekend; Ongoing construction work impacts service on the Blue Line Forest Park Branch
CTA buses and trains provide convenient and affordable service to all your favorite festivities. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Get to and from the following event via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Lil Baby – Thu. 8/24 at 7 p.m.
- Arctic Monkeys – Sun. 8/27 at 8 p.m.
Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
Service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express route
- Dominic Fike – Thu. 8/24 at 8 p.m.
Navy Pier Fireworks
Service on the #29 State, #65 Grand, #66 Chicago and #124 Navy Pier routes.
- Sat. 8/26 at 10 p.m.
- Wed. 8/30 at 9 p.m.
Service on the #128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Pre-season game: Buffalo Bills vs. Chicago Bears – Sat. 8/26 at 12 p.m.
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Chicago Fire FC – Wed. 8/30 at 7:30 p.m. –
Note: #128 Soldier Field Express route does not run for this event
- Guns N’ Roses – Thu. 8/24 at 5:30 p.m.
- Jonas Brothers – Fri. 8/25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs – Mon. 8/28 and Tue. 8/29 at 7:05 p.m., Wed. 8/30 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, Loop-bound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a 95th/Dan Ryan-bound Red Line train and exit at Addison.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide additional service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Oakland Athletics vs. White Sox – Thu. 8/24 at 7:10 p.m., Fri. 8/25 and Sat. 8/26 at
6:10 p.m., and Sun. 8/27 at 1:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the ballpark area, including:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Service to the Lakefront
Starting now beach service is only available on weekends and Labor Day. Last day of beach service is Labor Day. The following bus routes will operate directly to the lakefront and its beaches: #35 31st/35th, #63 63rd *, #72 North and #78 Montrose.
*Note: Due to CDOT construction at the beach parking lot, the CTA service stop for customers heading to the 63rd Street Beach will be at a crosswalk on the south side of Hayes Drive and Lakeshore Drive.
Forest Park Branch Rebuild Phase 1: Part B
- Blue Line service will resume serving the Clinton and UIC-Halsted stations and operate in two sections, between O’Hare and UIC-Halsted and between Forest Park and Illinois Medical District (IMD), only. More details
- There will be no rail service between the UIC-Halsted and IMD stations during the Part B project work.
- Bus shuttles will operate in both directions between UIC and IMD, stopping near Racine.
- The bus shuttle will operate every 5-15 minutes on weekdays and 10-15 minutes on weekends.
- Service changes are due to major track replacement and station work.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #