Project work to impact Blue, Green and Brown Line service
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to enjoy the weekend. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares can be found below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for the following events:
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls – Sat. 11/16 at 5 p.m.
- Buffalo Sabres vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 11/17 at 6 p.m.
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Chicago Bulls –Mon. 11/18 at 7 p.m.
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tues. 11/19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Detroit Pistons vs. Chicago Bulls –Wed. 11/20 at 7 p.m.
Northwestern University vs. U Mass at Ryan Field – Sat. 11/16 at 11 a.m.
- Rail: Extra Purple Line service
Weekend Project Work to Impact Blue, Green and Brown Line Service
CTA encourages customers to plan their trip in advance and allow for extra travel time.
O’Hare-bound trains to bypass Grand Blue Line station
- O’Hare-bound trains will not stop at the Grand station beginning 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. the following morning on the following dates:
- Thurs. Nov. 14 to Fri. Nov. 15– Details here
- Fri. Nov. 15 to Sat. Nov. 16 – Details here
- Mon. Nov. 18 to Tues. Nov. 19 – Details here
- Tues. Nov. 19 to Wed. Nov. 20 – Details here
- Wed. Nov. 20 to Thurs. Nov. 21 – Details here
- Thurs. Nov. 21 to Fri. Nov. 22 – Details here
- Customers are encouraged to use the adjacent Blue Line stations at Chicago or Clark/Lake, which will be served by trains operating in both directions.
- Station construction work to improve the Grand Station is due to Your New Blue (YNB) program.
- Temporary suspension of service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15 until 4 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18, 2019. More details here.
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations.
- Rail track work is part of CTA’s FastTracks program
- Temporary suspension of service between Kimball and Western stations from 4 a.m. Sat. Nov. 16 until 2 a.m. Mon. Nov. 18, 2019. More details here
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Kimball and Western stations during this time.
- Track improvements to remove slow zones will improve rail service along the Brown Line as part of CTA’s FastTracks program.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #