Extra service to various events including Chicago’s largest marathon, music concerts, sporting events and more
Marathon participants and viewers should skip the hassles of driving and travel on CTA this Sunday to get them to and from the Bank of America Marathon conveniently and affordably. Customers can save more on unlimited rides by purchasing either the CTA’s 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
2022 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Abbott Health and Fitness Expo
McCormick Place – Thu. 10/6 at 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Fri. 10/7 and Sat. 10/8 at 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Rail: Take the Green Line and exit at the Cermak-McCormick Place station.
- Bus: Extra service on the #3 King Drive route.
Grant Park and Citywide – Sun. 10/9 Gates open at 5:30 a.m. and first runners start at 7:20 a.m.
- Rail: Red, Brown, Blue, Pink, Green, and Orange Lines will get you access to the start and finish lines in Grant Park or anywhere along the marathon route. Southbound service from Linden to Howard on the Purple Line will begin at 5:30 a.m. Added capacity is planned for several rail lines, as needed.
- Bus: Many CTA bus routes will be rerouted to accommodate the marathon. These include all routes in the Loop and most routes that operate south of Irving Park, east of Damen, and north of 35th St. Check this link for specific reroute information: https://www.transitchicago.com/schedules/
Extra service on the #20 Madison before each event, and extra service on the #19 United Center Express and the #50 Damen routes after each event
- Harry Styles concert – Thu. 10/6, Sat. 10/8 and Sun. 10/9 at 8 p.m.
- Denver Nuggets vs. Chicago Bulls (Preseason game) – Fri. 10/7 at 7 p.m.
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Chicago Bulls (Preseason game) – Tue. 10/11 at 7 p.m.
- The Who concert – Wed. 10/12 at 7:30 p.m.
Ryan Field in Evanston
Purple Line: Increased frequency
- Wisconsin vs. Northwestern (Homecoming game) – Sat. 10/8 at 2:30 p.m.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #