Faster than the Sox’s Adam Engel or the Cubs’ Ian Happ, CTA’s Red Line gets fans directly to/from Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field for one low-rate
Chicago’s Boys of Summer do battle in May as the Cubs and Sox renew their crosstown rivalry this week and again over Memorial Day weekend. With gas prices hitting record levels, fans of both clubs can save their cash by letting CTA get them to the 2022 Crosstown Classic series at both Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field!
Everyone can afford more popcorn and hot dogs by taking advantage of CTA’s discount on three of its most-popular, unlimited-ride passes:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
CTA Service to Wrigley Field:
White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs – Tues. 5/3 and Wed. 5/4 at 6:40 p.m.
- Red Line: CTA’s Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, southbound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a southbound Red Line train and exit at the Addison station.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line southbound and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide extra service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several additional CTA bus routes serve the Wrigley Field area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
CTA service to Guaranteed Rate Field:
Chicago Cubs vs. Chicago White Sox – Sat. 5/28 at 6:15 p.m., and Sun. 5/29 at 1:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th stop on the Red Line.
- Green Line: The Green Line 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stop is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: To get to the Sox ballpark, or within a few blocks, fans can use:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by purchasing fares in advance and downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #