Free bus shuttle available between Belmont and Logan Square Stations throughout weekend
Weekend Closure of Belmont Station (Fri. 8/10 to Mon. 8/13)
The Belmont Blue Line Station will be temporarily closed this weekend for planned construction. Blue Line trains operating on the O’Hare branch will bypass the Belmont Station from 10 p.m. on Friday, August 10, until 4 a.m. Monday, August 13.
During the Belmont Station closure, CTA will provide free bus shuttle service between Belmont and Logan Square stations for customers traveling to Belmont/Kimball. The bus shuttle stop will be located on the southeast corner at Belmont/Kimball.
In addition, the #77 Belmont is on detour due to water main work at Belmont/Bernard, which started Monday, 8/6/18. The westbound #77 bus stop located in the Belmont/Kimball bus terminal is temporarily relocated to the southwest corner at Kimball/Belmont.
This planned construction is part of CTA’s Your New Blue, a comprehensive improvement program that is upgrading and renovating a number of Blue Line stations, including Belmont. The Belmont Blue Gateway project will upgrade this station with a new architectural steel canopy, create a more modern bus arrival and departure area, establish a permanent prepaid boarding area and add enhanced communications systems and digital signage throughout the station.
For more information regarding this weekend’s closure of the Belmont Blue station, click HERE.
Event service/extra service
CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Bud Billiken Parade at Washington Park
Sat. 8/11 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rail: The Green Line will have longer trains and more frequent service
- Bus: Extra service on the #3 King Drive, #4 Cottage Grove, #15 Jeffery Local, #29 State and #55 Garfield.
Smashing Pumpkins Concert – Mon. 8/13, and Tues. 8/14, at 7:30 p.m.
Sam Smith Concert – Wed. 8/15 at 8 p.m.
- Bus: Service will be provided on the #19 United Center Express and extra service will be provided on the #50 Damen. The #20 Madison bus route also provides service to United Center.
- Rail: Friday only - Additional weekday PM rush service on Red Line. Service will be extended to midnight on the Yellow Line.
- Bus: Additional service Friday and Saturday nights on #80 Irving Park and #152 Addison
Washington Nationals vs. Chicago Cubs
- Fri. 8/10 at 1:20 p.m., Sat. 8/11 at 3:05 p.m. and Sun. 8/12 at 7:08 p.m.
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs
- Tues. 8/14 and Wed. 8/15 at 1:20 p.m.
JAY-Z and Beyonce Concert – Fri. 8/10 and Sat.8/11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Bus: Extra service on #130 Museum Campus and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at more than 1,000 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) from all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #