CTA’s trains and buses are the best and most affordable ways to get to various sporting events, concerts, and the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field; Ongoing construction work impacts service on the Forest Park Branch of the Blue Line
Football fans can score the best priced ride on CTA no matter which team they are cheering for on Sunday at Soldier Field. Anyone planning to see the Bears play the Green Bay Packers on Sunday (9/10) can get FREE rides after the game —courtesy of our partners, Molson Coors. The free rides will be available on the following CTA routes for three hours on Sunday – beginning at approximately 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.:
- #128 Soldier Field Express: All rides on the #128 Soldier Field Express will be free both before and after the game.
- #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express: Free rides following the game when boarding from the bus stop at the stadium.
- Roosevelt Red/Green/Orange Line: Free rides following the game.
Customers can also save on unlimited rides by purchasing either the CTA’s 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Get to and from the following event via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Pearl Jam – Thu. 9/7 at 7:30 p.m.
- Eason Chan – Sun. 9/10 at 8 p.m.
Ryan Field in Evanston
The Purple Line will provide the closest access to the stadium.
- UTEP Miners vs. Northwestern Wildcats – Sat. 9/9 at 2:30 p.m.
Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
Service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express route
- Hozier – Tue. 9/12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Chicago Cubs – Thu. 9/7 at 6:40 p.m., Fri. 9/8, Sat. 9/9 and Sun. 9/10 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, Loop-bound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a 95th/Dan Ryan-bound Red Line train and exit at Addison.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide additional service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Kansas City Royals vs. White Sox – Mon. 9/11, Tue. 9/12 and Wed. 9/13 at 6:40 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the ballpark area, including:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Forest Park Branch Rebuild Phase 1: Part B
- Blue Line service operates in two sections, between O’Hare and UIC-Halsted and between Forest Park and Illinois Medical District (IMD). There are no trains running between UIC-Halsted and IMD stations. More details
- Bus shuttles operate in both directions between UIC-Halsted and IMD, stopping near Racine.
- The bus shuttles operate every 5-15 minutes on weekdays and 10-15 minutes on weekends (depending on time of day).
- Service changes are due to major track replacement and station work.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #