Bus Stops Relocated To Reduce Traffic Delays and Improve Service Start February 8To enhance the delivery of service, bus stops will be relocated effective Friday, February 8, affecting #22 Clark, #36 Broadway and #70 Division bus routes. The changes are as follows:
- The eastbound stop on Division at Clark will be eliminated, resulting in #70 buses stopping on Division at Clark on the farside of the street where #36 buses stop.
- The northbound stop on the nearside of Clark at Division will be eliminated, resulting in #22 buses stopping at the new farside stop.
- The westbound stop on the nearside of Division at Clark will be eliminated. #36 buses will stop at the farside stop on Clark after making the right turn from west on Division to north on Clark.
Construction Detours Continue on Three Bus Routes Off State Street through April 4Construction work continues through Thursday, April 4 on State Street at 26th Street in both directions; between Archer and 18th Street northbound only; and between Roosevelt and 11th Street northbound only affecting #29 State, #62 Archer and #129 West Loop/South Loop buses. The detours will end at different times as work is completed at each location, and will affect the three routes as follows:
- #29 State: Northbound via State, 26th, Michigan, Cermak, Wabash and 9th back to State; southbound buses will travel via State, Cermak, Michigan and 26th back to State.
- #62 Archer: Northeast via Archer, Clark, 18th, Wabash and 9th to State; outbound service is not affected.
- #129 West Loop/South Loop (a.m. rush period only): Northbound via Archer, Clark, 18th, Wabash, and 9th to State; southbound p.m. rush period service on State is not affected.
#79 79th Buses Rerouted Due to Film Production on FridayFilm production on 79th between Yates and South Shore Drive will detour #79 79th buses from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday, February 8. During this time, buses will be detoured off 79th in both directions via Yates, 75th, South Shore Drive back to 79th.
Sewer Work Affects Blue Line Service Late Friday and SaturdaySewer cleaning will require Blue Line trains to use a single track while serving the Logan Square and Belmont stations from 10 p.m. Friday, February 8, until 6 a.m. Saturday, February 9, and during the same hours late Saturday and into early Sunday morning. A supplemental schedule will be in effect. Customers should allow extra travel time.# # #