Planned project work to impact Red and Blue Line service this weekend
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen routes for the following events:
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Chicago Bulls – Thurs. Feb. 20 at 7 p.m.
- Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Fri. Feb. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns vs. Chicago Bulls –Sat. Feb. 22 at 7 p.m.
- Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls – Sun. Feb. 23 at 6 p.m.
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls – Tues. Feb. 25 at 7 p.m.
Weekend Project Work to Impact Red and Blue Line Service
CTA encourages customers to plan their trip beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Temporary Closure of Granville, Thorndale and Bryn Mawr Red Line Stations
- Granville, Thorndale and Bryn Mawr Red Line stations will be closed between 10 p.m. Fri. Feb.21 and 4 a.m. Mon. Feb.24 – More details here
- Free shuttle bus service will operate along Broadway and Sheridan, making stops at all Red Line stations between, and including, Loyola Station (accessible) and Berwyn Station.
- Track and signal construction work is taking place at these stations in preparation for the Red Purple Modernization Project, which will completely rebuild the North Red and Purple Lines and add much needed capacity to this growing residential corridor.
Temporary Closure of Grand Blue Line Station
- Grand Blue Line Station will be closed from 10 p.m. Fri. Feb. 21 until 4 a.m. Mon. Feb. 24 – More details here
- Free bus shuttle service will operate between Chicago and Grand Blue Line stations
- Customers are encouraged to use the nearby station at Chicago
- Grand station construction is taking place as part of the Your New Blue (YNB) program
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #