Red-Purple Modernization Project work to impact Red Line service this weekend
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen routes for the following event:
- Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Wed. 2/5 at 7 p.m.
Temporary Closure of Granville, Thorndale and Bryn Mawr Red Line Stations
- Between 10 p.m. Fri. Jan. 31 and 4 a.m. Mon. Feb. 3, Granville, Thorndale and Bryn Mawr Red Line stations will be closed – More details here
- Free shuttle buses will provide service between Loyola Station (accessible) and Berwyn Station, stopping near the affected Red Line stations
- Track and signal construction work is taking place at these stations in preparation for the Red Purple Modernization Project, which will completely rebuild the North Red and Purple Lines and add much needed capacity to this growing residential corridor.
- CTA encourages customers to plan their trip beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #