Service to/from Chicago Cubs games at Wrigley Field; Weekend work to temporarily impact the Blue Line
CTA is your best choice to travel to Wrigley Field to enjoy baseball and root for the Cubs. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs – Thu. 4/20 at 6:40 p.m., Fri. 4/21, Sat. 4/22 and Sun. 4/23 at 1:20 p.m.
- San Diego Padres vs. Chicago Cubs – Tue. 4/25 and Wed. 4/26 at 6:40 p.m., Thu. 4/27 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, Loop-bound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a 95th/Dan Ryan-bound Red Line train and exit at Addison.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide additional service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the Wrigley Field area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Blue Line Service
- Between 10 p.m. Fri. 4/21 and 4 a.m. Mon. 4/24, Blue Line service between the Addison and Western stations along the O’Hare branch will be temporarily suspended. More details
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions between Addison and Western, stopping near the Belmont, Logan Square, and California stations.
- This service change is due to construction at the Belmont Crossover
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #