Ongoing reconstruction of the sidewalk along the 95th Street bridge will require a temporary change in boarding for westbound #95 and #381 buses
The Chicago Transit Authority is alerting bus and rail customers who use the 95th Street Red Line Terminal that the west bus terminal will re-open at 10 p.m. Tuesday, December 19, at which time nearly all CTA and Pace buses will return to their normal boarding locations. The west bus terminal was temporarily closed for four weeks due to work associated with the new, $280 million 95th Street Terminal Improvement project.
CTA is building a new, state of the art bus and rail terminal to better serve the 20,000 people who use the terminal each day, providing them with a much larger and easier to navigate transit facility that will improve their daily commutes.
Construction of a new North Terminal on 95th Street made it necessary to temporarily close the two bus boarding areas, first the east side and then the west side – each for approximately four weeks – to expand the area and create more space for sidewalks and bus lanes.
Nearly all bus boarding areas will return to their regular configuration on Tuesday, except for two routes detailed below. Rail service at the 95th/Dan Ryan station was not affected during this period.
Re-Opening of West Bus Terminal
- The western bus boarding area, closest to Lafayette Avenue, will re-open on Tuesday, December 19 at 10 p.m.
- The following CTA and Pace bus routes will resume serving their original boarding locations:
- North side of terminal: #29 State and Greyhound buses
- East terminal: #N5 South Shore Night Bus, #95 (eastbound), #100 Jeffery Manor Express, #108 Halsted/95th, #112 Vincennes/111th and Pace bus routes #352, #359 and #772.
- West terminal: #N9 Ashland, #34 South Michigan, #103 West 103rd, #106 East 103rd, #111 111th/King Drive, #115 Pullman/115th, #119 Michigan/119th and Pace bus routes #353 and #359.
- Temporary bus boarding relocation: Ongoing sidewalk reconstruction work will require the customers to board westbound #95 and Pace #381 buses from 95th/Lafayette (in front of the McDonald’s) until further notice.
The new 95th Street Terminal will be completed in 2018, and provide the 20,000 customers who use the station daily with a much larger, more comfortable and easier to navigate transit facility.
Bus boarding locations map (effective 10pm Tuesday, December 19)