The Chicago Transit Authority will provide extra service for customers attending upcoming events at the United Center.
Separately, some CTA buses will be temporarily rerouted around the Adam Street Bridge this weekend due to construction work by the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT).
United Center Events
The CTA will operate the #19 United Center Express for customers attending the upcoming events at the United Center:
- Thursday, March 23 at 7:30 p.m. – Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars
- Friday, March 24 at 7 p.m. – Chicago Bulls vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Sunday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. – Bon Jovi Concert
- Wednesday, March 29 at 4 p.m. – McDonald’s All American Games
- Thursday, March 30 at 7 p.m. - Chicago Bulls vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
- Friday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m. – Chicago Blackhawks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
- #19 United Center Express: Service will begin approximately 1.5 hours before events until one hour after events end. Buses will await customers on the north side of the United Center eastbound on the Madison near Gate 3.
- #50 Damen: #50 provides a good option for customers accessing the United Center from the north and south and provides connections with Orange, Pink, Blue and Brown lines. Northbound #50 buses will await customers on Damen at Madison after each event.
- CTA’s Ashland/Lake station, served by the Green and Pink lines, is located a few blocks northeast of the United Center. Customers exiting at the station can transfer to #9 Ashland buses or simply walk a few blocks to the stadium.
- Customers taking the Blue Line can get to the United Center by exiting at the Illinois Medical District station and walking a few blocks north to the United Center.
Adams Street Bridge closure
Work on the Adams Street Bridge by the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) will require the temporary closure of the bridge beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, March 24 until 5 a.m. Monday, March 27.
During the temporary closure, some CTA buses will be rerouted including: #7 Harrison, #126 Jackson, #151 Sheridan and #156 LaSalle. In general, most affected routes will be detoured from Adams to Van Buren via Wacker.
Customers are advised to allow for extra time and plan ahead by checking: transitchicago.com/alerts.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #