CTA recommends purchase of unlimited ride passes, fares in advance
CTA will provide additional service for events this weekend throughout the city. Separately, CTA will temporarily suspend Brown Line service between the Kimball and Western stations on Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23 for track improvement work and will offer bus shuttle service to affected customers.
United Center Concerts
- Friday, July 21 at 8 p.m. – G-Dragon
- Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23 at 8 p.m. – Rogers Waters
- Monday, July 24 at 8 p.m. – J. Cole
- Wednesday, July 26 at 8 p.m. – Earth, Wind and Fire
- Thursday, July 27 at 7:30 p.m. – Kendrick Lamar
- #19 United Center Express: Service begins about 1 1/2 hours before event start. After event ends, #19 buses will operate for one hour and await riders on the north side of the United Center eastbound on the Madison near Gate 3.
- #50 Damen: #50 Damen connects with the Orange, Pink, Blue and Brown lines. Northbound #50 buses will await customers on Damen at Madison after the event.
- Green/Pink Lines: Exit at the Ashland/Lake station and walk a few blocks southwest to the stadium or transfer to a southbound #9 Ashland bus.
- Blue Line: Exit at the Illinois Medical District station and walk a few blocks north to United Center.
Wrigley Field Cubs Games
- Additional bus service on #80 Irving Park and #152 Addison beginning about two hours before each game and for one hour following the end of the game.
- Extra rail service on the Yellow Line for weekday night games. The Yellow Line will continue to operate until approximately 12 a.m. from Howard
Cardinals vs. Cubs
- Friday, July 21 at 1:20 p.m. (Extra bus and rail service)
- Saturday, July 22 at 3:05 p.m. (Extra bus service)
- Sunday, July 23 at 7:05 p.m. (Extra bus service)
White Sox vs. Cubs
- Monday, July 24 at 1:20 p.m. (Extra bus and rail service provided)
- Tuesday, July 25 at 1:20 p.m. (Extra bus and rail service provided)
Weekend Bus Shuttle Service between Kimball and Western Brown Line stations
The CTA will be performing track maintenance work on Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23 to reduce slow zones on the Brown Line.
This will require the temporary suspension of Brown Line service between Kimball and Western from approximately 4 a.m. Saturday until 4 a.m. Monday. Free shuttle buses will make stops at the Western and Kimball stations and at #81 Lawrence bus stops at Rockwell, Sacramento, and Kedzie. For more information, visit: http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/alert_detail.aspx?AlertId=42212
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance!
The CTA encourages riders to plan ahead, allow extra travel time and purchase fares in advance to decrease travel times and avoid long lines at rail station vending machines.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station vending machines, online or at nearly 1,300 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Other ways to pay fares include purchasing from CTA vending machines 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) that include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON CTA SERVICE
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.