CTA recommends customers allow plenty of travel time and purchase fares and unlimited-ride passes ahead of time. More information about purchasing fares is below. Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts.
Events service/extra service
Chicago Air and Water Show - Sat. 8/19 and Sun. 8/20, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Getting there from Metra lines
Take the #151 Sheridan bus from any of the Metra stations below to get near North Avenue Beach
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra UP-N, UP-NW and UP-W Lines) - Walk 0.4 miles south to the Union Station Transit Center at Jackson/Canal
- Chicago Union Station (Metra BNSF, MD-W, MD-N, NCS, SWS, HC Lines & Amtrak) - Board at Union Station Transit Center
- LaSalle Street Station (Rock Island) - Walk one block north to Jackson and board eastbound at Jackson/LaSalle
- Metra Millenium Station (Metra Electric and NICTD South Shore Line) - Board northbound on Michigan, north of Randolph
Passengers can also take any Brown Line train to Sedgwick for a #72 North bus headed east to North/Clark, where it's about a ten minute walk to the Air & Water Show.
Get door-to-door directions
Door-to-door directions to North Avenue Beach are also available via Google Maps at https://goo.gl/maps/MxQH32z2fNv (be sure to enter date/time you wish to travel)
Soldier Field: Coldplay concert – Thursday 8/17 at 7 p.m.
- Rail: Orange and Blue Lines until 1 a.m.
- Bus: #130 Museum Campus and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Wrigley Field Games – Thurs. 8/17, Fri. 8/18, Sat. 8/19 and Sun. 8/20
Reds vs. Cubs – Thursday, Aug.17, 1:20 p.m.
Blue Jays vs. Cubs – Fri. Aug. 18, Sat. Aug. 19 and Sun. Aug. 20 at 1:20 p.m.
- Bus: #80 Irving Park and #152 Addison
United Center concerts – Wed. 8/16, Fri. 8/18, Sat. 8/19 and Sun. 8/20
Bruno Mars – Wed. Aug. 16, Fri. Aug.18 and Sat. Aug. 19 at 8 p.m.
Kendrick Lamar - Sunday, Aug. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Rail: Green, Pink and Blue Lines
- Bus: #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance!
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station vending machines, online or at nearly 1,300 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app). Customers can also purchase from CTA vending machines 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) that include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #