CTA strongly recommends customers plan ahead, allow extra travel time and purchase fares in advance to avoid long lines at rail station vending machines.
NOTE: Multiple bus reroutes, related to a planned protest to affect Lake Shore Drive and Lakeview streets around 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 2, will be in effect this evening: https://www.transitchicago.com/weekday/#busroutes. Please use trains, where possible, and allow extra time when traveling this evening.
Event service/extra service
Lollapalooza at Grant Park
Thurs. 8/2 – Sun. 8/5
- Rail: More frequent service on the Blue, Brown and Red Lines and longer trains on the Blue, Brown and Green Lines. Service will be extended to 1 a.m. on the Yellow Line.
For more details regarding CTA and Metra’s additional Lollapalooza service, visit transitchicago.com/lollapalooza or metrarail.com.
Shakira Concert - Fri. 8/3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Bus: Extra service will be provided on the #50 Damen. The #19 United Center Express and #20 Madison bus routes also provide service to the United Center.
- Rail: Night Games/Concerts - Additional PM rush service on Red Line (weekdays only). Service will be extended to 1 a.m. on the Yellow Line
- Bus: Additional service on #80 Irving Park and #152 Addison before/after all games and concerts
San Diego Padres vs. Chicago Cubs:
- Thurs. 8/2 at 7:05 p.m. Fri. 8/3, Sat. 8/4 and Sun. 8/5 at 1:20 p.m.
Fall Out Boy concert: Wed. 8/8 at 6:30 p.m.
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at more than 1,000 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) from all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #