Bus shuttles being provided for weekend work impacting Green/Pink Line service; 9-day project impacting Blue Line service between O’Hare and Rosemont begins
No matter your plans, CTA is the most affordable way to get around Chicago this weekend. Riders are strongly encouraged to allow plenty of travel time and to purchase fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for:
- The Black Keys – Fri. 9/ 27 at 7 p.m.
- Chance the Rapper – Sat. 9/28 at 7 p.m.
- Post Malone – Tues. 10/1 at 8 p.m.
#128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express bus service for:
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears – Sun. 9/29 at 3:25 p.m.
Weekend project work to impact Green/Pink Line service
- Temporary suspension of rail service between Ashland and Clark/Lake from 10 p.m. Friday, September 27 until 4 a.m. Monday, September 30
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Ashland and Clark/Lake stations
- Green Line:
- Trains will operate between Harlem/Lake and Ashland, and between Ashland/63rd-Cottage Grove and the Loop.
- Trains will operate clockwise around the Inner Loop (side used by Orange Line trains).
- Pink Line: Trains will operate between 54th/Cermak and Ashland, only.
- Crews performing track repair and maintenance work as part of the FastTracks program
- For map and bus shuttle boarding locations, see our service alert
REMINDER: Service impact between O’Hare & Rosemont stations Sept. 27 to Oct. 7
As part of work planned for the Your New Blue project, trains will not run between the Rosemont and O’Hare Blue Line stations from 10 p.m. Friday, September 27 through 4 a.m. Monday, October 7, 2019. CTA will operate a free bus shuttle between the Rosemont Station and O’Hare International Airport Bus/Shuttle Center. More details here.
NOTE: To avoid long lines at Rosemont, riders are strongly encouraged to purchase their fares/passes at O’Hare where, for the duration of the line-cut, Ventra vending machines will dispense single-ride tickets for $3 for use when paying to board at Rosemont. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #