Service to/from concerts and various sporting events at the United Center and Soldier Field; Service details for the 2023 Cubs and Sox games
No matter if you are traveling north or south, let CTA’s cost friendly fares get you to and from Chicago’s ballparks this season, plus all other major sports venues in between. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs - Sat. 4/1 and Sun. 4/2 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, Loop-bound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a 95th/Dan Ryan-bound Red Line train and exit at Addison.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide additional service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the Wrigley Field area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Home Opener: San Francisco Giants vs. White Sox – Mon. 4/3 at 3:10 p.m.
- San Francisco Giants vs. White Sox – Wed. 4/5 and Thurs. 3/6 at 1:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the ballpark area, including:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Service for Upcoming Events
Get to and from the following events via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Thurs. 3/30 at 7:30 p.m.
- John Mayer concert – Fri. 3/31 at 8 p.m.
- New Jersey Devils vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sat. 4/1 at 7 p.m.
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Chicago Bulls – Sun. 4/2 at 2:30 p.m.
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls – Tues. 4/4 at 7 p.m.
- Depeche Mode concert – Wed. 4/5 at 7:30 p.m.
Service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express route
- D.C. United vs. Chicago Fire FC – Sat. 4/1 at 7:30 p.m.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #