Planned project work to impact Blue and Green Line Service
No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for these events
- Golden State Warriors vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. 12/6 at 7 p.m.
- Erykah Badu and Nas concert – Sat. 12/7 at 8 p.m.
- Arizona Coyotes vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 12/8 at 6 p.m.
- Toronto Raptors vs. Chicago Bulls – Mon. 12/9 at 7 p.m.
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls – Wed. 12/11 at 7 p.m.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field – Thurs. 12/5 at 7:20 p.m.
Weekend Project Work to Impact Blue and Green Line Service
CTA encourages customers to plan their trip beforehand and allow for extra travel time.
Forest Park-bound Blue Line trains to bypass Grand Station as follows:
- From 8 p.m. on Thurs. 12/5 until 4 a.m. Fri. 12/6 – Details here
- From 8 p.m. Fri. 12/6 until 4 a.m. Sat. 12/7 – Details here
- Mon. 12/9 to Fri. 12/13 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. nightly
- Customers are encouraged to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time
- Construction to improve Grand Station is part of Your New Blue (YNB) program work
Harlem-bound Green Line trains to bypass Garfield Station as follows:
- Fri. 12/6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Details here
Ashland/63rd and Cottage Grove-bound Green Line trains to bypass Garfield Station as follows:
- Mon. 12/9 to Fri. 12/13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily
- Bus shuttle service provided between Garfield and 51st stations during regular Green Line service hours
- Construction to improve Garfield Station is part of the of the Garfield Gateway Project
Temporary suspension of service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations
- Suspension of service from 10 p.m. Fri. 12/6 until 4 a.m. Mon. 12/9 - Details here
- Free bus shuttle to operate between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stations.
- Track improvements will remove slow zones as part of the FastTracks program
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #