Extra service for Magnificent Mile Festival of Lights and sporting events; Those traveling for Thanksgiving can take our buses and trains straight to the airport!
CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes ahead of time. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Extra event service
Magnificent Mile Festival of Lights – Sat. 11/17 at 5:30 p.m.
- Rail: Longer trains on Brown, Orange, Pink, and Blue Lines; more frequent Red Line service
- Bus: Extra service on the # 3 King, #J14 Jeffery Jump, # 146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express, # 147 outer Drive Express and # 151 Sheridan
Los Angeles Kings vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Fri. 11/16 at 7:30 p.m.
Toronto Raptors vs. Chicago Bulls - Sat. 11/17 at 7 p.m.
Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Sun. 11/18 at 5 p.m.
Phoenix Suns vs. Chicago Bulls - Wed. 11/21 at 7 p.m.
- Bus: Extra service on #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen
Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears at Soldier Field - Sun. 11/18 at 7:20 p.m.
- Bus: #128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Thanksgiving Holiday Service
Leave the hassles of traffic and parking behind this Thanksgiving and let CTA take you to either the O’Hare International Airport via the Blue Line (approx. 40 minutes from Clark/Lake) or to Midway International Airport via the Orange Line (approx. 30 minutes from the Loop).
- Wednesday, Nov. 21 – additional service on Brown, Green, Red, Blue and Orange lines
- Thursday, Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day) - Sunday/holiday bus and rail schedule
- Friday, Nov. 23 – modified weekday service; reduced AM/PM rush period service on Brown, Blue and Red lines.
Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts. CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes ahead of time. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at more than 1,000 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) from all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #