Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts. CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes ahead of time. More information about purchasing fares is below.
EVENT SERVICE/EXTRA SERVICE
Bud Billiken Parade – Saturday, 8/12, 10 a.m.
- Rail: Green Line
- Bus: #3 King Drive, #4 Cottage Grove, #15 Jeffery Local, #29 State, #55 Garfield
- Buses rerouted for parade: Because of street closures for the parade, the following buses will be rerouted 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.: #3 King Drive, #15 Jeffery Local, #39 Pershing, #43 43rd, #47 47th, #55 Garfield.
Chicago Bears Pre-Season Game at Soldier Field – Thursday, 8/10, 7 p.m.
· Bus: #128 Soldier Field Express, #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
Wrigley Field Friday 8/11, Saturday 8/12, Monday 8/14
Billy Joel - Friday, Aug. 11, 8 p.m.
Florida Georgia Line – Saturday, Aug. 12, 6 p.m.
Red vs. Cubs – Mon. Aug. 14, Tues. Aug. 15 and Wed. Aug. 16, 7:05 p.m.
- Bus: #80 Irving Park, #152 Addison
- Rail: Yellow Line, Red Line
United Center Events Friday 8/11, Wednesday 8/16
Joel Osteen -- Friday, Aug. 11, 2:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Bruno Mars -- Wednesday, Aug. 16, 8 p.m.
- Bus: #19 United Center Express, #50 Damen
- Rail: Green, Pink, Blue lines
TEMPORARY SERVICE CHANGES
Loop trains rerouted Saturday 8/12 2 a.m. – Monday 8/14, 4 a.m.
Trains in Loop will be rerouted because of construction at new Washington-Wabash station.
- Orange & Brown Lines: Will operate as one route, between Kimball and Midway, via Wells and Van Buren on the Loop elevated.
- Green Line: Will operate between Harlem and 63rd via Wells and Van Buren on the Loop elevated.
- Pink Line: Will operate between 54th/Cermak and Polk, then to Racine Blue Line for connecting Blue Line train service to/from downtown. Pink Line passengers travelling to Ashland, Morgan, or Clinton stations can transfer to a northbound #9 Ashland bus to Ashland CTA station to catch a Loop-bound Green Line train.
Yellow Line Replaced with Bus Shuttle Service Friday 8/11 11 p.m. - Sunday 8/13 11 p.m.
Train service will be temporarily replaced with free bus shuttle service at all Yellow Line stations for track maintenance work on the Yellow Line.
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance!
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station vending machines, online or at nearly 1,300 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app). Customers can also purchase from CTA vending machines 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) that include up to two transfers in two hours, and can also pay fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the loop on CTA service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner and get travel information on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.