Project work to impact Blue, Green and Pink line service this weekend; O’Hare Blue Line service impacted later this week
No matter what your plans, CTA is the most convenient and cost-affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Jonas Brothers Concert- Thurs. 9/19 and Fri. 9/20 at 7:30 p.m.
Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Sat. 9/21 at 7:30 p.m.
Washington Capitals vs. Chicago Blackhawks -Wed. 9/25 at 7:30 p.m.
Avett Brothers with Trampled by Turtles Concert at Northerly Island – Fri. 9/20 at 7:30 p.m.
Northwestern University vs. MI State football game at Ryan Field – Sat. 9/21 at 11 a.m. |
- Rail: Extra Purple Line service
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – Thurs. 9/19 at 7:05 p.m., Fri. 9/20, Sat. 9/21 and Sun. 9/22 at 1:20 p.m.
Need another great reason to take CTA to the Cubs game? Limos, ride-hailing vehicles and taxis will be restricted from picking up and dropping off passengers in close proximity to Wrigley Field in order to reduce traffic congestion.
CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
WEEKEND Project Work to Impact Blue, Green and Pink Line Service
Rail service will be temporarily suspended on portions of the Blue, Green and Pink lines this weekend from 10 p.m. Fri. September 20 until 4 a.m. Mon. September 23. CTA encourages customers to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time.
Impacts to Green and Pink Lines (service alert)
Bus shuttle service will be provided for both Green and Pink lines between Clinton and Clark/Lake stations. This temporary service suspension is due to track repair and maintenance work as part of CTA’s FastTracks program. Please note the following:
- Lake Street, Canal Street, Franklin Street, and Post Place at Lake Street will be closed to vehicles during the construction work; sidewalks will remain open to pedestrians.
- Businesses in the area will be open.
- Cross streets other than Canal and Milwaukee will remain open to traffic, but may be narrowed for safety when work is taking place on overhead
- Trains will operate between Harlem/Lake and Clinton, and between Ashland/63rd-Cottage Grove and the Loop.
- Trains to/from 63rd Street will operate clockwise around the Inner Loop on the side normally used by Orange Line trains.
- Trains will operate between 54th/Cermak and Clinton only.
Impacts to O’Hare Blue Line (service alert)
- Division Blue Line station will be closed for the weekend
- Customers are advised to use the adjacent stations at Damen or Chicago
- Bus shuttle service will be provided between Division and Chicago Stations.
- This temporary service suspension is due to signal upgrade work as part of the $492 million Your New Blue (YNB) program.
WEEK DAY Project Work to Impact O’Hare Branch of the Blue Line
Rail service will be temporarily suspended between Jefferson Park and Rosemont from 10 p.m. Tues. September 24 until 2 a.m. Wed. September 25. CTA encourages customers to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time.
Bus shuttle service provided between Jefferson Park and Rosemont stations. This temporary service suspension is due to signal upgrade work as part of the $492 million Your New Blue (YNB) program.
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance
Avoid long lines to buy fares! Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Customers can also purchase 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) from all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA Service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #